Frequently Asked Questions
Can I earn free software from ProTaxPro?
• Earn $100 credit toward future purchases with ProTaxPro when you refer a friend to us. For more information and to refer a friend, visit the “Contact us” tab under the Company section.
What discounts are offered by ProTaxPro?
• You may buy software at a discounted price if you register with our Reseller Program. For more information on this program, visit the Products section. We also have other promotional offers available throughout the season. Check with your sales representative for details on these.
What bank products are offered by ProTaxPro?
• We offer the following refund settlement products, to be used if you are due a refund from the IRS: direct deposit, paper check, refund anticipation loan. For more information on these, see our Products section.
What state-supported forms are available?
(These may not be available early season.)
Forms 1040, 1040A & 1040EZ
Form 1040 Schedule A – Itemized Deductions
Form 1040 Schedule B – Interest and Ordinary Dividends
Form 1040 Schedule C – Net Profit or Loss
Form 1040 Schedule D – Capital Gains and Losses
Form 1040 Schedule E – Supplemental Income and Loss
Form 1040 Schedule EIC – Earned Income Credit
Form 1040 Schedule F – Profit or Loss from Farming
Form 1040 Schedule H – Household Employment Taxes
Form 1040 Schedule L – Standard Deduction for Certain Filers
Form 1040 Schedule M – Making Work Pay and Government Retiree Credits
Form 1040 Schedule R – Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled
Form 1040 Schedule SE – Self-employment Tax
FEC – Foreign Employer Compensation for eFile
Form Payment – Form Payment for eFile
Form 982 – Reduction of Tax Attributes Due to Discharge of Indebtedness
Form 1116 – Foreign Tax Credit (Individual, Estate, or Trust)
Form 1310 – Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer
Form 2106 – Employee Business Expenses
Form 2120 – Multiple Support Declaration
Form 2441 – Child and Dependent Care Expenses
Form 2555 – Foreign Earned Income
Form 3800 – General Business Credit
Form 3903 – Moving Expenses
Form 4137 – Social Security and Medicare tax on Tip Income
Form 4562 – Depreciation and Amortization
Form 4563 – Exclusion of Income for Bona Fide Residents of American Samoa
Form 4684 – Casualties and Thefts
Form 4797 – Sales of Business Property
Form 4868 – Application for Extension of Time to File U.S. Income Tax Return
Form 4952 – Investment Interest Expense Deduction
Form 5329 – Additional Taxes Attributable to IRAs, et. al
Form 5405 – First-Time Homebuyer Credit (Credit section not eFilable)
Form 5695 – Residential Energy Credits
Form 6251 – Alternative Minimum Tax
Form 6252 – Installment Sales
Form 8283 – Noncash Charitable Contributions
Form 8396 – Mortgage Interest Credit
Form 8582 – Passive Activity Loss Limitations
Form 8606 – Nondeductible IRA, et. al.
Form 8812 – Additional Child Tax Credit
Form 8824 – Like-Kind Exchanges
Form 8829 – Expenses for Business Use of Your Home
Form 8862 – Information To Claim Earned Income Credit After Disallowance
Form 8863 – Education Credits (American Opportunity, Hope and Lifetime Learning Credits)
Form 8867 – Paid Preparer’s Earned Income Credit Checklist
Form 8878 – IRS e-file Signature Authorization for Form 4868 or Form 2350
Form 8879 – IRS e-file Signature Authorization
Form 8880 – Credit for Qualified Retirement Savings Contributions
Form 8888 – Direct Deposit of Refund to More Than One Account
Form 8889 – Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
Form 8903 – Domestic Production Activities Deduction
Form 8917 – Tuition and Fees deduction
Form 8919 – Uncollected Social Security and Medicare Tax on Wages
Form 8948 – Preparer Explanation for Not Filing Electronically
Can I sample products?
• Yes. When you purchase a package as a new preparer with ProTaxPro, you receive five units free. Each can be used for either federal or state tax filing—your choice! We also offer various samples of our products at tradeshows and other industry events.
How does the Integrated Credit Card Federal Tax Payment work?
• With the Integrated Credit Card Federal Tax Payment, also known as I-Pay, clients can pay their tax liabilities with a credit card and file their tax returns at the same time. The I-PAYbyCreditCard option allows you to make the payment process much more efficient: If you owe any tax on the return or the extension (4868) you eFile through us and there is payment required for this eFiling, you can pay the whole amount or any portion of it using your credit card. Choose the I-PaybyCreditCard when our online system prompts you to choose a payment method.
How much does ProTaxPro cost and what are my payment options?
• The cost of ProTaxPro depends on the package you purchase and if you order extra units. To view prices, visit the Product Options Page in the Products section. You may pay for your software up front or subscribe for a low monthly fee. ProTaxPro accepts payment by mailed check and the following credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
Do I have to start over with ProTaxPro every tax season?
• All files you set up are saved to your account with ProTaxPro for three years unless you delete them. This means that when you buy new software from us, you do not need to reenter information on clients you have previously filed with our company. You will, however, need to purchase a new software package every tax season. This is because every year we release a professional tax program to encompass improved technology and new reforms dictated by the IRS.
What is ProTaxPro’s refund policy?
If a refund on any software package is requested in writing within 30 calendar days from the date of order, ProTaxPro will provide a full reimbursement for that product. Refund requests placed after 30 days from the date of order will be considered for partial reimbursement. For software purchased prior to its release date, buyers can submit requests for full refunds within 30 calendar days of the date of release.
If the software to be considered for a refund was used for the filing of returns, a service charge of $10.00 per filed return will be deducted from the refund amount. Returns filed using the free units new tax preparers receive with the purchase of a package are exempt from this charge. Refunds render void any and all credits that may have been earned for future use with ProTaxPro. Because customers are permitted only one refund from ProTaxPro, a collective refund must be requested in order to be reimbursed for more than one software package. Once we notify you that your refund has been approved, you must return the software and any accompanying materials as requested by ProTaxPro before you will receive monetary reimbursement.
To request a refund, you must send a written request to one of the following:
Mail: PO Box 7657, Oxnard, CA 93031-7657
Written requests for a refund must be signed by the person who is named as the primary contact person on the account. Please also include the following information:
1. Customer account identification number and company name if applicable;
2. Address and other relevant contact information;
3. Date of order;
4. Software titles for which you are requesting the refund; and
5. Reason why you are requesting a refund.
We will respond to your email requests by either phone or email.
At ProTaxpro, we program our software to make accurate calculations based on the information you provide. If an error occurs that is solely attributable to a malfunction in the software or services, we ask you to contact us within 30 calendar days and provide proof of the error and any other relevant information in order to receive a refund on the product. Further, if as the result of such an error, you incur a penalty or interest from the IRS or state taxing authority, ProTaxPro will reimburse you for such penalty or interest if you provide adequate documentation. Except for special cases, this warranty will not apply if: (i) the error occurs due to errors in data entry, importing of data, your failure to follow instructions, your failure to review and correct errors in your tax return, or any reason other than a malfunction of the software or services; (ii) you have breached any provision of this agreement; (iii) you have not informed ProTaxPro of the penalty or interest within thirty (30) days of the assessment of it; (iv) ProTaxPro notifies you of an update or correction of or to the software or services that addresses the error and you fail on account to timely file an amended return to avoid or reduce your interest or penalty; or (v) you do not reasonably cooperate with ProTaxPro in evaluating and processing your claim under this limited warranty
Get Started Today
It is easy to get started for free!
Register and Create a Live Account